How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Best Attorney Your Own Question
Best Attorney
Best Attorney, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 57
Experience:  General Law Attorney with 18 years of experience.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Best Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had 2 grand mall seizures in a row on Dec. 20th, 2014. My

Customer Question

I had 2 grand mall seizures in a row on Dec. 20th, 2014. My neurologist told me according to AR state law I couldn't drive again for 1 year, even though I take ant-seizure meds. This seizure was brought on my conflicting medicines and I've been through 5 months of not driving. Is there a way I can be a candidate for driving again at the end of 6 months? My husband and I abide by laws, but we're ready for me to drive. I've had no additional signs of medicine conflicts and my doctors work closely with me. Please answer. I thank you in advance. JR
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Best Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is***** an attorney and I'm happy to help!
Arkansas requires that individuals demonstrate that they are competent to operate a motor vehicle prior to having any restrictions removed.
Once the Office of Driver's Services is notified that of potential seizure activity of a driver, and a license is suspended the Office requires a state licensed physician to evaluate the person and report whether the person should be allowed to resume driving privileges. You must present the report which state that you are competent to drive and under a physician's care. (AR ADC 006.05.039 sec. 8-27-16-907).
Typically there is a requirement that there be a seizure free period of at least one year. If you feel that you meet the medical eligibility for reinstatement, you can request an administrative hearing with a Driver Control Hearing Officer if filed timely.
I hope this helps!