Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My niece was in a car accident and it cause her death

Customer Question
my niece was in a car accident and it cause her death
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
5/20/2015
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
I am sorry this happened. are you asking if a claim can be pursued?
I AM ASKING IF THE FATHER ARE INTITLE TO THE MONEY BECAUSE HES THE FATHER
The father can pursue a claim for wrongful death. He would have standing to pursue and collect relating to the loss.
SO WHY CANT THERE GIVE ME APART OF IT. I AM THE ONE THAT HAD CUSTODY OF HER FROM A CHILD
You would have standing to pursue a claim if you were the custodian.
WHAT U MEAN CUSTODIAN
I HAD LEGAL CUSODY. I HAVE PAPERS TO PROVE
Custodian or guardian is the closest relation to the deceased and would have standing to pursue a claim for wrongful death and/or share in damage recovery
I DONT UNDERSTAND. THE LAWYER THAT HANDLEING THE CASE TOLD ME I CANT GET ANYTHING BECAUSE SHE WAS 28 YEARS OLD
Have standing to proceed and recover. Consider securing new counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are good resources. Counsel should work on commission. Kindly rate my answer as excellent.
I'M NOT INTITLE TO ANYTHING
What can I clarify?
Will I be able to get some of her eat ate because I had only custody of her from a child
Yes. You are entitled to get and share in recovery based on relationship and custodial care.
If you need new counsel martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.