richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

My husband is in a Longterm care facilities at the va in

Customer Question

Hi my husband is in a Longterm care facilities at the va in Elsmere Delaware and I need help. He is 100%servise connected. The have taken is power hair away because of safety reason he only had this new chair less then 4 weeks . No training with the chair. Now the put him in manual wheel chair that has no support for his back &headrest . Looks like a recliner chair with less then 1/2 in support. I worked very hard that my Husband always bin taken care of . I always look out what is best for him . It's bin almost 7 years and he never had a bedsore and I don't won't this to happen now. I feel like that I have to always have to fight for what ever he needs its very hard . He has a shunt and he needs a tilt & space wheel chair . I bin trying to talk to Pt& Today to the Dr and she just walked out on me like a child . Nobody wounds to talk about it . And I was even told if I don't like I their anymore to find a other facility for my Husband what I think is just unacceptable to me. Someone needs to stand up for my husband. Due you now any layer in Delaware or can I get help some where else. Thanks Carmen Gillin
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 2 years ago.
We are not allowed to refer people to specific attorneys in this forum, but there are many useful directories online and other ways to find a lawyer. You will want someone who works in the area of Elder Law. There are directories online at Martindale.com, Avvo.com, and Attorneypages.com, among others. The Delaware bar also should be able to help.