How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was seriously injured in the Dominican republic she

Customer Question

my wife was seriously injured in the Dominican republic she had multiple fractures in her foot from a slip and fall do to there neglect. she stepped off a platform onto a stone side walk when she stepped down her right foot stepped on a stone walkway but half her foot went into a small hole filled with grass fell forward and her left foot snapped. we were just coming from breakfast at the resort in punta cana 2nd day into our vacation. from there its been a nitemare. she just had plates screws fusion put into her foot and complications from the 3 hour surgery. the manager at the resort bent over backwards to help us. they fixed the hole very quick w/a new flat stone we have witnesses when the injury happened we got them immediately put ice on it went to a hospital in punta cana took x-rays said nothing was broke the doctor at the resort asap d us to the hospital because it was serious.we got back to the usa her own doctor said nothing was broke and was told to keep walking on it. finally she couldn't take the pain no more and saw a specialist they did a 3D catscan and found all this stuff wrong w/her left foot plus the right foot had a serious sprain. the resort knows they are to blame now the medical bills are pilling up and she will be out of work for 3 months and don't know how her foot will be. there must be a lawyer that can help us. we live in N.H.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Personal injury claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert to testify as to the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care. Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).