How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On Feb the 8th of this year a cab driver was trying to make

Customer Question

On Feb the 8th of this year a cab driver was trying to make a right on red and didnt see me in the cross walk - he ended up stopping his car on top of my foot - we waited for the police to show for 2 hours and they never did - so we agreed to handle things ourselves - he offered me $500 in cash and was suppose to pay me when he got off work that night but never showed. My foot wasnt sore the next couple of days so I told him not to worry about it but then when my nail on my big toe and the one next to it started to fall off because of it thats when I started having pain and went to the hospital and have it documented but it was almost a month later. The cab companies insurance agent called me and has offered me $250 - is that something I should do? I also have pictures of my foot -
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
You are entitled to compensation for your medical bills, any lost time at work, and pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is generally calculated at 4 to 7 times the actual damages (depending on severity of injury). It sounds like yours might be on the lower end.
You can sue the driver and the company. If your damages are not very high you can sue in small claims court without an attorney.
Here is a link that can help you with that:
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.