How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was injured at Barona Casino in Ramona Ca on 10/9/2013 due

This answer was rated:

I was injured at Barona Casino in Ramona Ca on 10/9/2013 due to their negligence. I filed a Workers Comp claim immediately to get treatment.
I had been invited there to survey their elevators as I am the Service Manager for Kone Elevator Co.
The casino is on an Indian reservation and consider themselves a sovereign nation.
There was a light rain. I slipped on slippery concrete just outside the main entrance. They immediately laid mats over the concrete path to the sidewalk after I fell. The mats appeared to be for this specific purpose to prevent a hazard.
The injury may be very severe.

Can they be sued?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

In short, yes they can be sued, but you must sue them in the tribal court on the reservation. You cannot sue them in California state or federal court.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
TexLaw and 4 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where would I find a lawyer to handle this?
You need to find a personal injury trial lawyer who will take your case on contingency (so you don't have to pay any fees up front).

There are many options to choose from in San Diego as to who will represent you. My cursory search shows that the following law firm advertises as dealing with these sort of lawsuits specifically: