Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Tiffany, my cat is 14 yrs old and

My name is XXXXX XXXXX...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Tiffany, my cat is 14 yrs old and contracted soft tissue fibro sarcoma on her right hip from a rabbi shot she got in 2007, her tumor first appeared in 2010, she had surgery and chemo therapy and it returned in 2012 she had surgery again and it returned in 2013 and she had radiation therapy and surgery on Sept 5th, 2013. Around Sept. 12th 2013 I called Pfizer and filed a claim for financial assistance for the medical bills. They gave me a case number XXXXX I have not heard back from them yet. Should I retain legal councel before I call them to inquire on the status of my claim?

10/21/2013
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello Jane . My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation.

Should I retain legal councel before I call them to inquire on the status of my claim?

Here, the company may be liable under a product liability law.

The answer is likely yes. This is because here, they do not see you as much of a threat without an attorney since you filing or winning a suit without counsel is unlikely. Thus, they may deny the claim or offer a very small amount. Whereas, an attorney usually cuts through this malarkey since the company knows an attorney does not put up with this and WILL file suit if needed.

May I recommend the Michigan Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law