Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had knee surgery (scope) very simple surgery, afterward one

I had knee surgery (scope) very simple surgery, afterward one of my surgery ports wouldn't heal and got infected so they rushed me back in for emergency surgery, Doc said luckily it didn't get into the joing so he gave me more antibiotics after 2.5 days in hospital and sent me home. only after returning to work for one week woke up Saturday morning in serious pain Monday doc rush me back in again for emergent surgery and this time it was infected inside the joint spent 3.5 days in hospital and 6 week with a pic line giving myself high dollar antibiotics at $4000 a/wk thank god for insurance. The 2 infection surgeries really done my knee in now he's talking knee replacement surgery. Can I sue the Hospital or Doctor? Thanks Lee
Hello Lee: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Before determining whether the surgeon and the hospital can be sued for medical malpractice, you need to get consult another surgeon to review what was done by the surgeon and the hospital to see if they failed to exercise due care and if that failure resulting in your complications. There are complications with almost every surgery and the complications do not necessarily mean that the surgeon and the hospital were negligent. So, you need to get a consult first. Then afterwards you can make a decision as to whether to sue the surgeon and the hospital for medical malpractice. If you decided to sue, you would need an Attorney who handles medical malpractice cases. Not all personal injury Attorneys handle malpractice cases. So, you need to find a personal injury Attorney who also handles medical practice cases.

You can use the following sites to find local medical malpractice Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com