How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12796
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I win a small claim lawsuit against an 18-yr-old driver

This answer was rated:

If I win a small claim lawsuit against an 18-yr-old driver for damaging my car in an accident, can I ask the judge to enforce the judgment by suspending his license if he doesn't pay? Or any other enforcement method?

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you, I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Yes, you can have the defendant's license suspended if you win and they don't pay your judgment. All you would need to do is fill out this form and submit it to the DMV:

There are a variety of other collection tools at your disposal as a judement debtor, including wage garnishment and levying assets (though no 18 year old is going to have much in the way of assets).

See here for a very useful summary of the collection tools that would be at your disposal:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.

Patrick, Esq. and 3 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you