How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 29986
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About a year ago my son was involved in an accident. No one

This answer was rated:

About a year ago my son was involved in an accident. No one was injured and when asked by the state trooper if anyone needed medical attention all parties refused treatment. We have now received summons from one of the parties from handler henning and rosenberg lawyers. Since the person refused treatment at the time of injury can they now come back and sue us for personal injury from the accident

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately, yes, they can sue even if they did not seek medical treatment at the time. A person who is injured is not barred from recovery if they make a decision not to go to the hospital right away. Sometimes, a person is in shock or doesn't realize that there is an injury. However, they have to prove that (1) they were injured and (2) it was related to the accident. If they waited two weeks to go to the hospital, you'll have the ability to argue that your son didn't cause the injury. If he went the next day, then you'll be able to review the hospital records to determine whether the injury is related.

The first step in this scenario is to contact your insurance company. They are contractually obligated to defend you and to pay any judgment up to the policy limits. They should assign you a lawyer, and may be able to negotiate a settlement with the other party to avoid a trial.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions