How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon, Esq. Your Own Question
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1953
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Brandon, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i get a accident report on my car

Customer Question

how can i get a accident report on my car
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. Do you know which police station took your report?
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

If the crash was investigated by the Georgia State Patrol, you may contact a local State Patrol Post or the Open Records Unit. For all other crash reports, you would need to contact the Crash Reporting Unit for the Georgia Department of Transportation.

To obtain records from the Georgia Department of Public Safety, you would make an Open Records Act requests (under O.C.G.A. 50-18-70) to:

Georgia Department of Public Safety
Attn: Open Records Unit
P.O. Box 1456
Atlanta, GA 30371


Fax your request to(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
In your request you would provide:

Your full name
Your mailing address
Your contact telephone number (and fax number if available)
The names of the subjects or victims of the investigation or report
The records being requested
The Georgia county or city where the incident occurred
The date of the investigation or incident associated with your request
The crash report number or incident report number, if known

If you are unsure who took the report, you can contact the DPS Open Records Unit at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto see if you should make a request with them to see if they have an accident report.


If they do have it, you can just fill out the following form and send it to them:

If you have any other questions on anything I have said, or need additional clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

If you do not need any further help, I would be most grateful if you could provide a positive rating so that I may receive credit for my time in assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I wanted to write to check up to see if you had any additional questions or concerns concerning your question. If you do have additional questions or need additional clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember that I do not know what you may already know or with that you need help with unless you tell me. If you have not provided a positive rating because you would like a different expert to answer your question, please ask and I will opt out of the question so that another expert may answer. If, however, you found the information helpful to you, please do not forget to provide me with a positive rating by clicking on one of the happy faces, or I will not receive any credit for my time in trying to assist you. Please keep in mind that even after a rating has been issued you can continue to ask questions related to the original post and I will be happy to answer them. If for some reason the rating feature is not working or you cannot find it, please write me back and let me know. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law as it applies to your case. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

I apologize that you felt the need to rate bad service. If you would like to provide me with the department that took the report, or the location where the report was taken, I can give you the exact number and the amount you would need to pay to the police station in order to get the report. Otherwise, if you would prefer that I opt out for a different expert, please ask and I would be happy to do this for you.


If, however, you have no idea who took the report, and you don't mind spending $11 more than you would otherwise, you can also use a service to be able to do this for you. A good example of this is:


Please know that I cannot help you if you do not respond to me, as I do not know what it is that you know.


I hope you are having a great day.