Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced personal injury attorney. From slip and falls to auto accidents, I am here to help answer your questions.
70685486

how do I retrieve the forms to file a tort claim?

Customer Question

Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Elizabeth Prentice replied 4 years ago.
I am an attorney and I would be happy to assist you. You need to go to the Clerk of the Court in the County where you live. The Clerk's office can provide you with the forms you will need to fill out, along with instruction booklets on how to proceed. If they aren't sitting out on a display table, make sure to get a number and wait in line to talk to one of the Clerks. Also, you should ask the Clerk if there are any "Ask-A-Lawyer" programs at the Court. Many attorneys, such as myself, volunteer our time to help the public for free and can provide good advice on how to fill out your paperwork. These programs are usually offered once a week or once a month depending on how big the population is in the County which you reside.

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will leave me a positive rating! If you have any follow-up questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by name.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that is not the answer, there should be a form for this claim according to the tsa

I am sorry that my answer did not assist you. You asked how to file a tort claim, but you did not state that you wanted to file it with the TSA. A tort claim is a general claim that can be filed in any court of law. Typically, to file a tort claim you would go to the Clerk of the Court in the County which you reside to obtain small claims forms or further information.

If you would like to file a TSA claim for lost property, you may go to this link: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/claim-forms

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will change your rating to a positive one. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask for me by name and I would be happy to assist you.