How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 57295
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good evening, I was in an auto accident while traveling for

This answer was rated:

Good evening, I was in an auto accident while traveling for work. In my personal injury claim do I claim lost wages if I am a salaried employee and my employer left me on the payroll for the 7 days I was off. As far as lost commissions/ or loss of potential income is concerned; Am I able to claim the mileage and per diems I could have made in those 7 days?
You may claim all lost wages and commissions resulting from the injury. If the employer has covered some of it, you should be forthcoming and not claim a double recovery. All foreseeable and reasonable monies you lost as a result including mileage, wages, commissions may be included and should be itemized as best as possible. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer positively, which I tried to expedite for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. I can claim lost wages even if I was not put on workers comp, but left on the payroll. workers comp only picked up the medical bills.

You can include those wages/income/lost profits that were not otherwise paid to you. If left on payroll, then the amount paid may not be claimed. Anything else not paid which normally would have been earned, may be included on the application. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer as excellent.
Infolawyer and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you