How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 57714
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I booked a 10 day cruise to Alaska w/ my 3 minor children.

Customer Question

I booked a 10 day cruise to Alaska w/ my 3 minor children. To make a long story short, 2 of my sons got into an altercation in our room. A cabin attendant opend our door to see if we were ok & asked if I would like security to help & I said yes. The cabin attendant left our door open and numerous strangers (passengers) entered our room screaming at my children. My oldest son was asking them to leave him alone. They did not, he went out to the balcony crying to be left alone and they contiuned to yell at him. He apparently got on the edge of the ship & threatened to jump if the tresspaing passengers did not leave. Security arrived and my son was taken away and we were disembarked off the ship & stranded in Sitka Alaska. I have damages in the amount of roughtly $18K plus the emotional damages of how my family was treated. Princess is refusing to credit me any of the money I spent and added more charges for stranding us. They have written me a letter stating they know people came into the room. I need help. This is a lot of money and they are refusing to work with me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
Have you considered having a complaint filed with management, the BBB, attorney general office or having a local lawyer pursue on commission fee?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not a legal expert & do not know what my rights are. I did contact management, not the BBB. I live in Hawaii however thier passenger cruise rules require I file in California

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
Based on their rules, the most efficient option is having a local lawyer in CA contact them. You would use a consumer protection lawyer. That lawyer would threaten lawsuit and try to negotiate a settlement. Management will often reconsider but if it does not a lawsuit would be filed. Lawyer would be paid if recovers which is normally 1/3 the recovery, so you have no downside. Would you like a directory for finding local counsel to do that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.

The best option is using a lawyer to work on contingency fee basis

meaning the lawyer is paid only out of recovery, whether by settlement or otherwise

I recommend which is by far the best directory lawyers use too

you would plug in the location and practice area and get some excellent choices. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer positively.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I already found that site and was not able to direct myself to attorney's who understand or specialize in cruisedhip disputes

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
You want a lawyer with the local specialty of consumer protection. If was not helpful, another to consider is Most lawyers wont specialize in a subtopic of cruise disputes but a consumer protection lawyer would be a good fit and you may inquire if any have handled disputes with such merchants. Is that clearer?