How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 116704
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For Paul MJD hurry for an answer...thank you Dear

This answer was rated:

For Paul MJD hurry for an answer...thank you XXXXX

I spoke to you a while ago concerning my intended filing of a motion to strike a fraudulently filed affidavit or for filing for sanctions concerning that fraudulent submission. The affidavit was filed a year ago in the case and IM unsure still if I can address it at this point. You seemed to indicate that fraud can always be addressed in a case. If possible, when you come online, I have a few questions to ask about this.

Thank You
I will notify Paul that your question is waiting. He will see it when he next checks his email.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you.

You're very welcome.
Thank you for your new question. I apologize for the delay as I was out of town with a client matter and could not get online.

Fraud can be addressed when discovered, even if it is discovered a year later. However, if you knew it was fraudulent at the time it was filed and failed to challenge it at that time, you would need proof now that was not available to you at the time to prove that the fraud was concealed and as such you have the right to now raise the fraudulent affidavit upon discovery of the fraud.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the problem is, my case is connected to the case where the fraud happened. The fraud has caused delya in both cases various times, and so it is affecting my case negatively. I have been told by two layers that I have no standing to bring up the issue, even though the cases are connected for pre-trial purposes, and the stalls caused to that case are negatively affecting my case. Two lawyers have told me I do have standing. 1) Does it sound like I have standing to address this or not?


2) Regardless, I am amending the complaint to add new parties. While I am at it, I wonder if i cannot address the fraud, or add it to my new complaint, as this stall caused to me has been expensive and time consuming. Is there any such allegation available- such as fraudulent interference?


thank you

I do not understand why you are being told you have no standing to raise the fraud if the fraud was perpetrated in one of your cases. If the fraud was a part of one of your cases, you have standing to raise it.

You can add the fraud specifically to the new complaint since you are submitting one and you need to detail the fraud specifically in your new complaint.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the affidavit that I allege was fraudulent, was filed in another case that was against the same defendants over the same series of actions that led to the filing of both cases. However, the defendants had filed joint motions to consolidate the two cases, mine and the other plaintiffs, and the Judge granted this motion, and so the cases have been joined for pre-trial purposes. The fraudulent affidavit IS affecting my case, because the aftershocks of that affidavit continue to stall the joined case, as well as my own. It has happened 3 times now, as the adjoined plaintiff has had to seek new counsel, because the fraudulent affidavit had disqualified her chosen lawyer.


That is the basis of standing, that the fraud in that case, is negatively affecting my case, because my case is ties to that case.

Thank you for that clarification.

In order for the fraud to be pertinent in your case it had to be an affidavit filed in your case, not some other person's case, which is why you are being told you have no standing in your particular case to raise that fraud, since it does not pertain to your case. You can use the false affidavit to impeach the credibility of the defendant to show they have a propensity for fraud and attack their truthfulness of the claims and affidavits in your case, but as far as raising it as an issue in your case you cannot raise it for that purpose.

The only negative impact of the fraudulent affidavit on your case is that it is causing delays and you can use the affidavit to argue to seek to un-consolidate the cases and have your case heard separately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, that works well then. What is such a motion called? A Motion to unconsolidate the cases?


also as to question number two, is there such a cause of action to add to my complaint? I assume there is not. thank you



It would be a motion to separate the cases and you would have to argue the fraud has caused you damage based on the extraordinary delays you have experienced.

You would not add it to the complaint as it is not a cause of action as you correctly presumed. You would file the motion separately.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Satisfied Customers: 116704
Experience: Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you