How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 57354
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am in a federal case and my case has been connected to another

This answer was rated:

i am in a federal case and my case has been connected to another similar case versus the same defendants. The plaintiff and her attorney have been worse about getting me information that they have in their possession than the defendants. (apparently my case is seen to complete with theres, because they dont believe that IM only interested in legal advocacy of the cause. also they may think that the defendants will try to pin my riskier case on them, if i lose, if they help me). Regardless, how do i compel discovery from them, in the cheapest way possible? I dont want to cause them extra expense, even though they have been uncooperative, they are still good people. Can i depose them? send interrogatories?subpoena them? Unilaterally Notice of hearing them via SKype or teleconference ? I need to be able to compel them to answer a few basic questions, and send me some information they have already sent the defendants. thank you
Initially you want to send discovery demands. Those take form of document requests and interrogatories. That follows with depositions if you want to ask questions in person. If they dont produce, you send a letter demanding production. If they still dont produce you would file a motion to the court to compel their compliance.
Infolawyer and 4 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you