How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 102513
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mo law. If you wanted to sue a mortgage company (corporation)

Customer Question

Mo law. If you wanted to sue a mortgage company (corporation) in a tort action who at the mortgage company would you serve
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation.

In Missouri, to serve a corporation, the Plaintiff can serve the following individuals/entities who represent the corporation:

1) An officer of the corporation;
2) A partner of the corporation; or the
3) The registered agent of the corporation (which may be found here).

RSMo Rule 54.

However, in practicality, it is always best to serve the registered agent as this leaves little room for doubt and of the corporation to claim that whoever was otherwise served was not an officer/director, or was in transition, etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)