How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A.J. Your Own Question
A.J., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 4300
Experience:  Licensed to practice law, I gained experience in personal injury law working for the CTA
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
A.J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am motioning to quash a notice of deposition for various

This answer was rated:

I am motioning to quash a notice of deposition for various reasons. One the expense to fly out there 1, 000 miles away. Also, however, I have ADD, and oral examinations dont work well for me. Can I ask for a change of venue, from oral to written due to my medical necessity? i have a long history with ADD, and can produce any needed medical proof. I can answer written questions, but oral questions are a problem. SHould i request that in the motion to quash, or separately? thank you
Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. My name is Adam (I believe I just answered another question of your not too long ago), and I look forward to answering your question.

The truth is that either way is probably ok. In the motion to quash, you can request that any future testimony be given in writing so as to accomodate your "disability." Or, you can file a seperate motion asking for any required responses to be done in writing. Keep in mind that the court is not obligated to allow such a request, but if presented reasonably, and with the right judge, it may be granted. In any event, so long as they are clearly written, I'm not sure that there is an advantage either way. One thing I would suggest is to have an attorney draft the motion(s) if at all possible. While I understand that it may not be possible sometimes, having an attorney licensed in your state assisting you would be prudent if at all possible. If you cannot afford an attorney, seeking the assistance of a legal aid organization may also be a possibillity (if you let me know what state you are in, I may be able to help you search for one).

I hope this helps, and let me know if you require any additional information. Otherwise, please remember to RATE my answer so that I can receive credit for my work.
A.J. and 3 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you