How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12795
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sitting in a construction site stopped and was hit by a 19 year old male who was goi

This answer was rated:

I was sitting in a construction site stopped and was hit by a 19 year old male who was going 55 mph. There ended up being 4 cars in the accident. The driver came to my car nearly in tears and asked if I was ok. I said I don't know my stomach neck, head, hands etc hurt. He apologized and said he was looking at the radio and never saw stopped traffic. I take blood thinner. I was taken to the hospital and given xrays of chest, hips, pelvis and a CT of head and neck as well as ultrasound of internal organs to make sure there was no bleeding. I was discharged from the hospital emergency room. I did tell them I was having a lot of dizziness.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am incredibly sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you are okay.

The facts you describe give rise to a serious claim for personal injury and entitle an individual in your circumstance to compensation for related medical expenses, lost wages, and general "pain and suffering." You can obtain compensation through the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident. If they don't have insurance or don't have enough to cover all your damages, you can make an uninsured motorist claim if your own insurance policy offers such coverage.

To answer your question directly, you ABSOLUTELY would benefit from hiring an attorney. Attempting to handle a case like this own your own would be a lot like trying to land a 747 in the rain with no flight training experience. The legal issues are incredibly complex and the insurance company's singular goal is to pay you as little as they possibly can (they owe a duty to their shareholders, not to you). If you do not know how various personal injury and insurance laws affect your claim, you will be selling yourself short--not to mention, insurance companies always take claimants more seriously when they have legal representation, since they know the attorney will sue if no settlement can be reached.

To find an attorney, I particularly like Avvo allows you to search attorneys by practice area and location. The site also provides attorney ratings and performs limited background checks so you can ensure your attorney has not previously been diciplined by the state bar.

Any personal injury attorney should be willing to assist you on a contingency fee basis. If you don't know, a contingency fee arrangement is one in which the attorney receives a portion of the client's settlement or award as his payment, typically 1/3 of the total amount. If there is no recovery, the attorney does not get paid. The client never pays until the settlement or award is obtained (except perhaps to cover the filing costs for his claim).

Again, the facts you describe give rise to a serious claim for personal injury and an individual in your circumstance would absolutely benefit from hiring an attorney. You can find an attorney on Avvo and obtain representation on a contingency fee basis so there is no up front fee.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.
Patrick, Esq. and 4 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you