Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

my wife acquired sepsis from an infected cathiter will being

treated for lung cancer..she has...
my wife acquired sepsis from an infected cathiter will being treated for lung cancer..she has since passed away . her cause of death was lung cancer complicated by sepsis and phenoumonia...do i have a case"
6/26/2013
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I'm very sorry for your loss.

The negligent placement of a catheter leading to infection which causes death is generally recoverable. However, the issue in your case is very complicated because the sole cause of death was not the sepsis and pneumonia, but is also related directly to lung cancer.

The other hurdle you will have to overcome will be in determining whether in fact there was negligent. Catheter placements sometime become infected even though nothing negligent was done in the placement of the catheter. So in the end, this is not an open and shut case.

How long ago did this occur?

22 mos ago

OK. You are still within the statute of limitations.

You will need to locate a local medical malpractice attorney for further in detail assessment of your case. If possible, you will need to gather as much as possible of your wife's medical records surrounding the catheter placement and her subsequent death to take to the attorney.

The best way to find an attorney specializing in medical malpractice is generally by googling your town's name and "medical malpractice attorney". This will bring up a list of specialists in your area.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
TexLaw
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney