How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find out the financially responsible party of a restaurant/bar

This answer was rated:

How do I find out the financially responsible party of a restaurant/bar in which I cut my finger pretty badly on their bathroom door lock?Is it advisable to try to resolve it over the phone before writing a complaint letter?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
To find out, consider conducting a business entity search at your state's department of state or department of corporations website (whichever agency is the one in charge of approving and registering business entities). Any registered corporation with the state must at least provide the name of their registered agent and that agent's address for exactly this type of a situation where if someone wishes to file suit, they would know where to sue, or whom to address the documentation to.
In terms of resolving it in private first, it is definitely cheaper as an option but it is also not binding. I doubt the other party will choose to do anything before they receive a demand either in writing from you or from an attorney.
Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq. and 6 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions