How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I sue doctor and hospital for putting my wife in renal

Customer Question

can I sue doctor and hospital for putting my wife in renal failure and hospital for making poor prescription an there are sevral classs action suits being developed now.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Do you have reason to believe that the medical providers were negligent which caused your wife to suffer renal failure?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The doctor rieiveved negative recponsices from me and my wife. He gave us samples and said they have been using drud for a long time in eurpoe. can cause serious bleedin and only allowed in U.S. since2010

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, Roy. So your wife did not consent to be treated with the medication prescribed by the doctor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she objected!

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

I see. If she did not provide her informed consent and in fact objected to the treatment, that typically would provide a basis for her to pursue legal action against the medical providers for violating her right to informed consent, which would normally support a cause of action for medical malpractice.

I am so sorry she experienced renal failure from this treatment. I certainly hope she can be treated/receive a transplant.

It is critical that you retain a local medical malpractice attorney to review the case further and obtain a copy of her medical records for an expert to review so legal action can be pursued. Such attorneys normally work on a contingency fee basis so there should be no fee unless they prevail on your behalf.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!