How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 118135
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi this is Charlie ,I spoke w/you once before and I am amember

This answer was rated:

Hi this is Charlie ,I spoke w/you once before and I am amember of justanswer.My wife was in an auto accident about 13-14teen years ago.Being rear ended my and a passanger in her mothers vehicle,her injury was tempreo lube damage.This happened in n.j. where we live then and now.She had seen a neurosurgeon in hunterdon medical hospital,hunterdon county,n.j.Monitored my wife for several months and put her on meds ,w/ no results of getting better.This doctor,had taken her drivers licence away.
Thank you for your question. I look working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What is your specific question for us regarding this? Are you just asking about her getting her license back?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes to get her licence back,with out losing her s.s.disability,she had been receiving for past 12yrs.My wife is 54yrs.old now.

Thank you for your response.

Just because she is disabled does not mean she cannot drive. Many people on disability can drive a vehicle and still collect their SSDI. In order to get her license back though, it will require her doctor to write a report explaining how her disability would not impair her ability to drive and how despite her disability she can safely operate a motor vehicle. Then you need to file that report with the DMV ad file a request for license reinstatement. The DMV will review the report to use to make their determination and if they deny the request she has a right to an appeal before an administrative hearing officer at which point her doctor would have to testify as to her ability to safely operate a vehicle. The DMV has the sole discretion of issuing the license and a court will not intervene unless you can prove that the hearing officer at DMV abused that discretion, since a license is a privilege and not a right and it is your wife's burden to now prove she is capable of safely driving a vehicle. If the DMV approves the license she will have to take the written and driving test again.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you