Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My is very long & involved; Ill try to be as short as possible.

My is very long &...
My is very long & involved; I’ll try to be as short as possible. I had 3 rear end accidents in 2 yr. after a 30 year good driving record. I was hospitalized for the 3rd one on 4/19/13. They kept doing brain scans; I told them I have blackout (mostly at night, so I didn’t drive then), short term memory loss, asking/telling people things I thought was the first time, but I’ve sold them several times before, my organization and prioritization skills are gone have other I can’t remember, but they are all documented.

I’m still mourning the loss of my husband in 2006. A week after he died, I had my second spinal fusion and never recovered. I was going to return to work; I worked at MicCon/DTE for 28 years and have been OK financially, but was put on LTD.

My first surgery was on 7/7/11. The surgeon said a portion of carotid artery was missing & when they repaired it, all my neurological problems would be reversed. I was in the hospital each month from July to Novemer from 2 to 9 days, almost died from a staph infection (after the large, draining hole on my neck exploded when I changed the dressing, office thought I was being a pain, saying he was booked & gave me a hard time. I demanded to see someone immediately. They told me to go to emergency & he was there. I finally got a ride to the hosp. & thought they’d clean it out. I was the hosp. 9 days before my white blood count was low enough to go home with a central line (he missed getting it in the right spot the first time). One day I was changing my dressing as instructed as the wound care nurse that came to see me & it didn’t look right (on 11/28/11) & told his office I needed to seeing him immediately. I got appt. the next day. He looked at & told me it was just a stitch & it should heal after it was out. He started to look at it, stop & stepped back. He told me it was the graft coming out of my neck. After that finally healed, I started seeing another surgeon who was part of the team but didn’t report to the operating surgeon & recently joined my neurologist’s office. He sent for a few tests, one was a cerebral angiogram. He suggested I contact the University of Michigan and request to see one of their top vascular surgeons. I got his report; he stated that my symptoms were coming from the back of my brain & had nothing to do with the carotid artery & basically the surgery was unnecessary. Usually one of the surgeon’s team changed my dressing, but when any nurse did, they asked to did this to me. They knew he was a hack but didn’t want to lose their job.

My symptoms have gotten worse, & when I was in the hosp. with my staph infection, I went temporally blind twice in my right eye & a few times at home. An eye Doctor examined me & said a piece of infection got into one of the veins (not sure what they’re called) & he said if it would have gotten into the main one, would have been permanently blind in that eye. I wake up every morning & my jaw & neck feels like cement,, my right clavical bone on the right sticks out more the left, I have a nasty scar & a large lump to scar tissue that is painful & it’s in the spot that if someone puts their arm on me, that’s right where their fingers would rest. I saw my cardiologist after everything was healed & he said my heart could cause most of those symptoms, and I believe the surgeon operated in haste and further tests should have been done.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/6/2013
stevewlaw
stevewlaw, Attorney

stevewlaw :

Hi [USERNAME], my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do the best to help you. My advice is general only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Wow. That is a lot of information. I am so sorry to hear all that you have been going through over the last 7 years. It is tragic. I am also to hear that your first lawyer wasted your time by basically doing nothing. What I would suggest is that you have your case reviewed immediately by a competent personal injury attorney in your area. Someone who has good medical contacts who can help go through your medical records as well. While you may have a case, it is difficult to completely sort out until all the facts (medical records, etc.) have been thoroughly reviewed.

stevewlaw :

Unfortunately we are not permitted to give you a direct referral. However, I can point you to the Michigan Bar Association's referral service. If you explain what you need, they should be able to point you to a local attorney who can help you. I suggest you call them ASAP. The referral service is located at http://www.michbar.org/programs/lawyerreferral.cfm.

stevewlaw :

I wish you the best and please keep me informed as to how things are going with you. Bless you and thank you for your positive rating.

stevewlaw
stevewlaw, Attorney
stevewlaw
stevewlaw
stevewlaw, Attorney