How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Went into hospital for carotid artery surgery and was supposed

This answer was rated:

Went into hospital for carotid artery surgery and was supposed to be in hospital two nights. While I was in recovery a catheter was inserted into my bladder. Because it was inserted improperly I ended up with internal bleeding and required 12 more nights of hospitalization with associated cost. Do I have any recourse?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question, but I'm certainly sorry for your misfortune.
Kirk Adams : The statue of limitations for a medical malpractice case in Arizona is 2 years ( Thus, you need to be sure that you take action before the time expires.
Kirk Adams : As for whether or not you have a case, that all depends on whether or not the medical provider/s fell below the applicable standard of care. In this case, that standard is whether a reasonably prudent medical provider would have acted the same OR differently than the medical providers who treated you.
Kirk Adams : In order to determine this, an expert (usually a doctor) has to review the medical records and provide an opinion as to whether or not your medical providers failed to act as they should. If that's the case, then you have a viable case.
Kirk Adams : Usually, you have to consult a personal injury attorney about your injuries, and he/she will get you in contact with a medical expert to review your file.
Kirk Adams : If the expert reviewing the records finds merit in your claim, then you can proceed with your claim for malpractice.
Roger and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions