How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what should i do if i was in my girlfriends car and i got hit

Customer Question

what should i do if i was in my girlfriends car and i got hit by a driver but im not on her insurance .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Whose fault was the accident? Was anyone cited by the police? Were you driving her vehicle? Do you have your own insurance?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the lady was at fault and she was cited at the scence and i was driving my girlfriends car at the time and i do have personal insurance just not my own car insurance

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

I see. Thank you for providing this additional information, Dushon.

Since the other driver was at fault, you would typically file a claim with her insurer, seeking reimbursement for the injuries you have sustained, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering incurred as a result of the accident.

If the insurer is not willing to compensate you fairly (most provide a very low offer or attempt to avoid payment on the claim altogether), it would be best to retain a local personal injury attorney to represent you in this matter. These attorneys typically work on a contingency fee basis so there should be no fee unless they prevail on your behalf.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!