How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am expecting a financial settlement from a personal injury

This answer was rated:

I am expecting a financial settlement from a personal injury lawsuit. My attorney is paid one third of monies received. My question is : if I become deceased before i recieve settlement money , can a simple power of attorney giving power to my 23 year old son with regard to the settlement money be suffient for him to receive the money from the lawsuit ?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, a POA given to your son would not be legally sufficient for your son to collect your settlement and you would have to execute a Will, as POA cease to exist when the person who has issued POA dies.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions