Tina, Attorney
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
4460311

Ok. This is Don in Las Vegas. Since she has already been

Customer Question

Ok. This is Don in Las Vegas. Since she has already been awarded 8k, what is her motivation to go to mediation and end the case. Is there a limit to her 3k/mo support from the temporary orders? And what if she doesnt agree with the mediation results?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, Don, and thank you for requesting me.

A mediator does not typically make a decision for the parties, but attempts to bring them to an agreement voluntarily, so you are not bound by the results of mediation unless you agree to that and neither would the other party.

I can't speak to the merits of your case since I have not reviewed the case. What type of support are you referring to? Are you in the midst of divorce and attempting to mediate a final amount for alimony?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Yes I am in the middle/The 8k was suggested by my attorney..5 for her attorney fees 3k per mo until we finalize. I asked for a $settlement # and mediation. I just want it overwith but I get the impression she is in no hurry since she gets 3k/mo for nothing. The judge based everything on a financial form with false information regarding her income. No documentation was allowed. She makes 3-4 k plus tips per month. I make 10k and pay all bills. If she doesn't agree with the mediation. we go to trial and that's more $$$ and that's her goal to break me financially.

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I see. That is really unfortunate that the $3k per month does not have a limitation on it since it would typically remain in effect until a permanent amount is ordered by the court, either following an agreement by the parties or after a trial. If it continues to drag on, you can file a motion to modify the order based on accurate financial information so you can pay less until a final order is entered. That would normally be the only alternative other than waiting for a final decision. If mediation is not successful, you may wish to consider filing a motion to modify or terminate the order of temporary support.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Don,
I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer was helpful in clarifying your understanding of the law even though it may not have resulted in the outcome you were hoping it would.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
If you do not require further legal information at this time, please feel free to bookmark my profile so you can request me when you do have another question. Here is a link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/
Thank you very much and all the best to you.