How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 37834
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

**MA** Party A had a minor incident in October 2011 which

This answer was rated:


Party A had a minor incident in October 2011 which A 'bumped' into B's back bumper on a street. No scratches were detected on either A's or B's vehicles. B had a daughter in the passenger seat and assured A that all would be well. In May 2013 A receives a letter from his insurance informing A that B intends on filing a claim against A for 'injuries' to the daughter. How valid is this claim, considering that no physical claim/loss occurred on both vehicles, and more than 18 months have passed since the incident?

Good morning CJ,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As an attorney with nearly 3 decades of experience in handling personal injury claims for victims of auto accidents, and based on your statement of the facts, it is highly likely that there is little or no validity to the personal injury claims of anyone in the car which was rear ended, but to which there was no property damage done.

Your insurance company will handle the defense of this claim, and if they file a suit, the insurance company will appoint a free attorney to represent you and they will fight the claimants.

In instances such as this, the person claiming injuries is typically not believed by either your insurance company, or by a jury if the case were to go to trial.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,


LawTalk and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service, CJ. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.


When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions