P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I am being harrassed for a debt that I disagree with. I am

I am being harrassed for a debt that I disagree with. I am on V.A. dissability, can they garnish this income?
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question

Depends...who is the creditor? Is it the Federal Government or is it someone else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is wallmart and I have never had an account with them

Non issue then

VA disability is exempt from garnishment. See Title 38 US Code, Section 5301. This law prohibits garnishment of VA compensation/pension.

SO they can not touch the money...just make sure you keep it in a separate bank account an no other money is deposited to that account.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my only other income is workers comp which will possibly to be replaced by social security

Then you are judgment proof...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for you'r help I have a prostetic knee that is being rejected soon to be followed by a leg fusion and really don't need the hassle this has caused.

Sir, I wish you the best of luck with this mess...again, if you keep that money separate, they can not touch it.