How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 56891
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are having difficulty removing a Public Adjuster as a payee

Customer Question

We are having difficulty removing a Public Adjuster as a payee with the Insurance company. The PA was fired for cause and all parties were notified in writing. The PA has been paid in full for services rendered to date. The insurance company states our signed agreement with PA binds the insurance company to list PA as the payee unless a court document or signed release is presented. I am truly shocked that a bad situation worsened by a deceitful public adjuster firm coupled with a devastated home owner just got worse.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.

INFOLAWYER : What can I answer for you?
INFOLAWYER : why wont the insurer remove?
INFOLAWYER : is there an agreement in place?
Customer : hi there
Customer : Yes there is or was an agreement which was terminated by us for cause. The insurer is not willing to budge unless a signed release is presented from the Pa or the court. This is balony; the PA was fired for cause and I am doing all the work here. How does this create a lien on my insurance claim. How do I go about this procedure to remove the PA as payee?
Customer : ?
INFOLAWYER : The insurer is being extra cautious here
INFOLAWYER : it has to pay the insured
INFOLAWYER : if the adjuster has a claim
INFOLAWYER : it should proceed to seek a lien or sue you
INFOLAWYER : the insurer wants to avoid being sued
INFOLAWYER : so it maintaining status quo
INFOLAWYER : you could then seek to negotiate some compromise with the adjuster for reduced fee
INFOLAWYER : or contest it and sue adjuster for an order holding no fee is owing
INFOLAWYER : once you get such an order the insurer should comply
INFOLAWYER : but you may want from insurer clarification if it will accept that
INFOLAWYER : It should.
INFOLAWYER : Is that clear?
INFOLAWYER : Is the answer acceptable?
Customer : yes. Are you interested in or know someone who may be interested in taking on this insurance claaim?
INFOLAWYER : I can suggest a directory
INFOLAWYER : would you like that?
INFOLAWYER : i cannot recommend specific lawyer by name per site rules

Related Personal Injury Law Questions