How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 30152
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a passenger in my husbands car when he got into an accident

This answer was rated:

I was a passenger in my husband's car when he got into an accident that was his fault. His insurance company gave me the policy limit because of the extent of my injuries. Can I now also get the underinsured policy from his insurance? Or is that like double dipping on the same insurance company?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The insurance company unfortunately will probably not cover you on the underinsured motorist policy if you have already obtained the full policy limits as a third party claim. It depends on the specific terms of the policy, though. You can call and ask if they'll cover you (assuming that you're also listed on the policy). If they won't, they'll tell you that the policy doesn't allow it and they'll decline coverage.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 3 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you