Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases
26296561

We are a skin care company providing skin care services in

We are a skin care company providing skin care services in Los Angeles, Californai. I have an esthetician who did a chemical peel (25% TCA) on our two clients and they suffered 2nd to 3rd degree burn on their legs. Unfortunately, the esthetician wasn't trained on how to apply the 25% TCA peel and she over applied causing burns. It's been a month since the incident and we sent the 2 patients to a dermatologist and he told us that it will take 4 more months for it to come back to its previous state. Now the 2 clients want to settle with us for 100,000 each and they said that their lawyer can easily bump the damages far more than their settlement request.

We have been paying for their medical bills. They are giving us till tuesday to accept their proposal or else they will proceed with the lawsuit.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What is your legal question for me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have been paying for their medical bills. They are giving us till tuesday to accept their proposal or else they will proceed with the lawsuit. Should I just accept their proposal?.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you have some type of professional liability insurance that might cover this type of an incident?

Have you consulted with a local attorney to evaluate your case and to protect your legal rights and interests in this matter?

Are the burns and injuries of permanent nature or will these clients who suffered burns fully recover?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, we have a lapse on our insurance coverage. I have not consulted any attorney.

The burns are not permanent as advise by the dermatologist. It will just take at least 6 months to get back to normal. It has been a month since the incident. They are also claiming for depression due to personal injury. They do still work in their normal job. They just do modeling on the side and plan to join Ms. Earth but since the burns are very evident they are not able to join and will missed some opportunities given to them.

Thank you for your follow up.

It is impossible to estimate the amount of damages that these customers might be entitled to, without reviewing their entire medical records, extent of injuries, lost wages, etc...

Before you agree or admit to anything, the first thing that you need to do is to consult with a local personal injury attorney who can evaluate this entire situation and could not only advised as to what would be the right amount to settle their claims, but also can negotiate the best possible settlement on your behalf and also could make sure that the settlement documents are properly executed and that you are protected from any further liability once the settlement takes place.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Attorney Alex. Appreciate your input.

Thank you and please click on the "Excellent Service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required. I wish you all the best.