How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12403
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started getting prenatal care for my baby when i was a little

This answer was rated:

I started getting prenatal care for my baby when i was a little over three months pregnant. I drove an hour and a half each way to las Vegas to make sure that my baby got the best care. There was always a lobby full of women and the doctor seemed nice but always rushed me in and out. My son was born with half a heart and he wasn't diagnosed until he was twelve hours of because he started turning blue which went unrecognized by the hospital and had to be pointed out by my husband. His heart defect shoulder been detected at six months utero, but because Im young and healthy and have no family history of heart conditions I was ushered in and out. Can I sue?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby's condition! As a parent myself, I cannot imagine how stressed and heartbroken you must be. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Yes you can sue, but the question that you probably meant to ask was whether you would win a lawsuit. In order to win a lawsuit for medical malpractice, you must be able to prove that your baby's condition was the result of the doctor and/or hospital failing to use the reasonable care, skill or knowledge ordinarily used in similar circumstances. In order to prove that, you must have expert testimony from a doctor who will state (1) what the proper standard of care is in your situation, (2) that the doctor and hospital did not provide the proper standard of care, and (3) that your baby's injuries could have been prevented if the proper standard of care was provided.

Based on what you wrote here, it certainly warrants you investigating this by speaking to another doctor. You may first want to retain a local medical malpractice attorney, as they usually give free consultations, and they can put you in touch with a doctor who can examine the situation and offer expert opinion. If that doctor agrees that you were not given the proper standard of care, then the lawyer will likely demand compensation from the doctor and hospital, and then sue if you are not given the money that you demand. It should be easy for you to find a medical malpractice attorney in your area since the prominent ones generally advertise on TV, radio, etc.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service! If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, please feel free to bookmark my profile page ( and use the question box there, and/or you can type "To VAMD, Esq." in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you