How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Seattle Scott Your Own Question
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 961
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Personal Injury Attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Seattle Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens if the family starts taking things from the house

This answer was rated:

what happens if the family starts taking things from the house and my sisters are the trustes
Is this a situation where a parent has died or is legally incapacitated and who owns the house?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both parents are gone and my sisters are the trustes and every one is removing things from the house there are seven in the family and every one is in the trust. Can the trustes charge the boys for things that are taken from the home
If the trust says that all the children share equally in the estate, then the trustees should be making sure that no items are removed from the house, unless there is an agreement between all the heirs/beneficiaries as to who gets what. Yes, the trustees can charge, by way of an off set, the brothers' inheritance rights as a result of personal property removed from the house.
Seattle Scott and 3 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you