How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a hysterectomy Jan. 2012,started having increased and

This answer was rated:

I had a hysterectomy Jan. 2012,started having increased and discomfort @4 months post op.i had kept all appointments and saw Gyn who said she saw scar tissue and the I would be okay. Problems increased over a year to urology problemsSaw a specialist who upon examine me saw that there was a suture in place that had not dissolved.I had the suture removed in the operating room last month. At my followup appointment the Dr's stated that they believe the wrong suture was in the wrong package. I obtained my records and had medical people about sutures ,they stated that the packaging is nearly impossible because the hospital would be obligated to report the error publicly which would cause a nation wide recall and also sutures come in different colors so they know which to use. Is this a viable ?

Thank you for your question.

You have a viable medical malpractice case against the doctors who performed the hysterectomy, and potentially a products liability case against the manufacturers of the sutures.

You need to immediately consult with a local medical malpractice attorney about taking your case. You can generally find one by simply typing in the name of your town and "medical malpractice attorney" into a google search. I encourage you to contact these lawyers and make several appointments to discuss your case to see which lawyer you feel most comfortable with.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions