How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello,in a federal case i filed an amendment to an objection

This answer was rated:

hello, in a federal case i filed an amendment to an objection over magistrates R&R granting of a motion to dismiss. I now have a 20 page supplemental filing. DO i just file it as a supplement to the amended? Also this is just parts of the amendment i cut out cus i dint want to turn in a 50 page amendment.  Can a supplement be in motion form, or are they usually just used to add stuff like exhibits, or evidence? thank you


The supplement needs to be in the form of a motion. You will need to state that it is a Motion to Supplement the Objection to Dismiss and then explain your supplemental evidence, attaching it as exhibits to your Motion to Supplement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont have any supplemental evidence, its more supplemental argument that i had to cut form the amended, so it wouldnt be too large.

Then the supplemental argument simply needs to be stated in the Motion.
TexLaw and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions