How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im not sure if Personal Injury is the correct category. I

This answer was rated:

I'm not sure if Personal Injury is the correct category. I plan to be away for an extended time and a friend will be using my house as a stop-off during work appointments and an occasional overnight. She has agreed that she is responsible for any problem during her stay, whether it be injury to her or breakage of my possessions. She is someone I trust obviously, or I wouldn't be providing a key to my house. Like a request for a pre-nup to a bright-eyed future bride, I'm uncomfortable asking for her assurances in writing. Should I be concerned? Do I need something legal -- just in case?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

It's not necessary to have an agreement in writing in order to protect your property and also to have a right to recover against your friend in the event that property is damaged, etc.

If your property is damaged by your friend, you would have the right to recover from him/her and/or sue if necessary.
Roger and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you