How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have reoccuring pain from an on the job injury that occurred

Resolved Question:

I have reoccuring pain from an on the job injury that occurred 4 years ago. I filed a workmen's compensation claim at that time and received an award. The pain has progessively gotten wors. Do I have any recourse ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Did you sign any type of final settlement document?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.



Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.
What state was your WC claim filed in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
New York State
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

You normally have upto 18 years from the date of the accident to reopen your claim for the right reasons. If your condition has deteriorated since your award, you may be able to get additional benefits based on your current percentage loss rating. You may also reopen a case if for lost wages and medical bills, but did not make a
permanent settlement. If you have an 80 percent permanent partial disability, you may also be able to reopen your case. I would suggest that you hire a local attorney as reopening a WC claim can be a complex matter.

If you need more clarification or
follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra
charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Thank you.

Maverick and 4 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,