Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I was taken to the ER at Mercy Hospital in Devils Lake ND on…

Customer Question
I was taken to the...
I was taken to the ER at Mercy Hospital in Devils Lake ND on November 13th. My blood pressure was 79/49 slight fever, sever pain on left chest, listless. The doctor stood in the doorway and said I can tel by looking at you that you have the flu. My daughter asked aren't you concerned about her bllod pressure? No that is fine she says. No tests were ran. My pain in the chest she said was due to coughing. I was sent home with two small doses of Roobutussin. My daughter took me home and I collapsed on the floor. She immediately took me to Altru in Grand Forks, ND. This is an hour and hlaf away. Upon arriving at the Altru ER they immediately started tests and admitted me to ICU with septic shock, dehydration, severe pneumonia and my kidney were not working. I spent four days in ICU and four more days in the hospital discharged on November 21st. Many doctors told me that I wouldn't be here today if I had went home and went to bed. I wouldn't have woken up. The doctor that treated me at Mercy Hospital should never been allowed to practice. If this hospital can't hire good doctors, then they should shut down. I am just wondering who I can get to take my case? Or is it a case worth pursuing?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/10/2012
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
You may pursue a claim with the hospital itself and its adminstrator. You may also do so through the attorney general office, dept of consumer affairs.

Now a lawsuit is viable if their treatment or lack thereof led to injury. Then you can pursue a claim based on negligence and violation of their duty of care and responsibility to a patient.

That would be pursued by discussions initially seeking an out of court settlement by a personal injury lawyer - which you can find locally on martindale.com - an excellent resource

I am sorry this happened and wish you a quick resolution and a nice weekend.