Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My father was given 10 times to much bllod thinner 15 years…

Customer Question
My father was given 10...
My father was given 10 times to much bllod thinner 15 years ago at Wilson-n-Jones Hospital which caused a bleed on his brain and he has had seizures ever since. This was around 15 years ago. Recently he was in Wilson-n-Jones and when he was discharged they failed to remove a needle that was open and exposed from his port. He had to go to a nursing facility for rehab, so the needle was left in for 9 days I believe because they had to wait for doctor's orders to remove it. My father has COPD and no immune system. He is now back in the hospital in Denton. We do not take him to Wilson-n-Jones because of the neglect but this last time the ambulance would not take him to Denton where all his doctors are. What can we do about hospital neglect?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
7/18/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. when did this happen?
I think Tuesday it will be 2 weeks since he was released from Wilson-n-Jones Hospital where they failed to remove needle from his port.
Then the claim is not time barred. This is a case of malpractice and can be pursued. I would have a lawyer try to settle before suing.

Please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed by pressing REPLY. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

IF YOU CLICK RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.