Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Last year, my boyfriend developed fairly severe hypopigmentation…

Customer Question
Last year, my boyfriend developed...
Last year, my boyfriend developed fairly severe hypopigmentation (lack of pigment) on his scalp, face and arms. After a visit to a dermatologist, he was told that it was likely to have been caused by using a new product on his skin. He had, in fact, been using, for the first time, a sun screen by No 7 (a product from Boots). This scarring is now permanent, although there are cosmetic treatments, such as lasers and tattoing of pigment which can cover it to some degree (although this would be cosmetic only, and not protect against UVA/B rays). This is obviously expensive and time consuming, but he would like to improve the look of his skin as he is highly self conscious of it and has been prescribed anti-depressants, and had to avoide social events such as weddings due t this self-consciousness. Added to the psychological imact, he is a manual labourer, and as such, spends most of his time working outside. The areas of hypopigmentation become red and sore in the sun, even with factor 50 sunblock. It is impractical for him to cover his skin at all times due to overheating, and these areas of skin are more prone to skin cancer due to their lack of pigment. Can you please advise if we can/should pursue in claiming for damages against No 7, as well as asking them to provide costs for cosmetic laser re-pigmentation and dermatalogical advice re: skin cancer risk. If so, how would we go about doing this, and would we need legal representation. Many thanks, Laura
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: RJ, Professor replied 8 years ago
RJ
RJ, Professor
Your boyfriend can sue the manufacturers and retailers of the No. 7 sunscreen. he should sue for negligence and products liability. Hire a local personal injury lawyer. Go on www.martindale.com. Good luck and remember to press accept so that I may get credit.