How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 37666
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

extension for state disability in California

Resolved Question:

Is there an extension for state disability in California. I have been on CA state disability for 12 months. What is the federal state disability program? How do I apply for this benefit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

While CA does have extension programs in place for unemployment insurance benefits, no such extensions are available for disability. After your 1 year of benefits is up, if you are still disabled you are eligible to apply for Social Security Disability benefits though. You can start the process by visiting your local Social Security office.

I wish you the best.

Please don’t forget that I only receive credit for having helped you when you click on the Accept Button located at my Answer.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 3 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you