Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Dear Judge Mathis on May 22,08. I slipped and fell in a puddle…

Customer Question
Dear Judge Mathis on May...
Dear Judge Mathis on May 22,08. I slipped and fell in a puddle of water at Bornes Hospital in St. Louis Mo, a wheelchair was sent down for me a the time but I was so embarrassed at the time and besides that I was at the hospital because my brother was taken there by ambulance, due to a heart attack or stroke. Now it is a couple of days later and I called the hospital to ask what should I do to be seen and I was told because I didn't get in the wheelchair at the time there was nothing I could do. I called them numerous of times and I even wrote them a letter telling them that I was having problems with my knees, wrist, ankles and back. They told me well you refused help so there is nothing we can do. I have been buying over the counter medicine since then to help take away the pain that I am experience today. I told them that I didn't have any insurance to be going to the doctor. If you would like I will submit to you the letter that I wrote to them and phone bills of the calls I made .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
6/18/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: Samuel-II, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney

hi

you have a right to be compensated, even though you refused that treatment at the time. if there are witnesses to your fall or staff who came to offer assistance, then i suggest you consider immediately consulting with a local personal injury attorney who can sift through this situation and see that your are justly compensated. there is at least a 2 year statute of limitations to file a lawsuit and maybe 5 years depending on the totality of the circumstances

many people have accidents and refuse treatment at the scene due to shock, if nothing else - only days later to suffer injury or whiplash.

Edited by Samuel-II on 6/18/2010 at 3:14 PM EST
Thank you so much for your response. I do agree and accept your reply. I tried to consult a lawyer at the time this happened and everybody that I talked to, did not want the case, but now that the economy is bad, they are willing to listen, but I was told because I did not go to the doctor for treatment it is not going to fly in court. I am in so much pain. Do you know a lawyer? Who is big and bad enough to just say yes, I will take the case after two years? I didn't go forward because, I had no insurance and they kept telling me there was nothing I can about it now. Thank you so much for your time. God Bless You forever

hi

well, as i stated, there maybe a 2 year statute of limitations - but in some circumstances, it can be extended to 5 years.

i suggest before you give up, you consider contact the MO Bar Association for a referral service and request a Personal Injury attorney

here is that contact information