Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

as an on the job california employee. i was injured on 8/13/2009.

Customer Question
i have recieved disability at...
as an on the job california employee. i was injured on 8/13/2009. i have recieved disability at the rate of 3/4 normal wages and all medical coverage related to injury.i have recently had a "QME" evaluation, it states that i am not ready to return to work and that i
am not considered "premanente and stationary" at this time,it also states that my injuries were consistant with the injury of the above date. i am now considered total temp disabled by my neurosurgeon. my question is; is there any other financial help available to me and my wife in the state of california. my wife is on unemployement and our Cobra coverage is to run out as of 7/31/10. any information is greatly appreciated.
Lou [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
6/16/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. What precisely do you want to know?
is there any financial help available for an injured worker in my position.
You want directories for finding a local lawyer?
no. what i want to know is are there any state, federal, monies available for an injured worker. who has been out of work for 10 months.. do you know of any programs to help people in financial stress resulting from a work related incident.
I will open this to colleagues who may have such information.
Personal Injury Lawyer: RJ, Professor replied 8 years ago
RJ
RJ, Professor
In addition to temporary disability, you can also get a settlement. This will take place once you have reached maximum medical improvement. Your settlement will be based on anticipated future medical and your permanent disability rating. You should also file for Social Security Disability. To qualify, you will have to prove that you are permanently disabled. You will need a lawyer to help you file. Hire a local Social Security lawyer. Go on www.martindale.com. Good luck and remember to press accept so that I may get credit.