SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer,
18210975

By chance I came upon a Facebook public journal posted by an

Customer Question

By chance I came upon a Facebook public journal posted by an ex partner of mine in which he falsely accuses me of being a physical abuser. Below are his comments. Is there anything I can do?

woke up t' light rain out of a dream that he 'n Mike were still together, six years t' the week after I walked away from the continuously-escalat'n violence that so often go with tryin' t' relate to an Alabamian man ('n that's AlaBAMian, like in Bam-Bam).... True love never dies, but it sure' doesn't conquer all....
May 19 at 7:37am

...After I left 'im 'n went t' New Zealand, it took 'im about a year 'n a half to well 'n truly wear out 'is welcome with m' family in SoCal, before they finally asked 'im t' go.... Last anybody heard, he was livin' in some kind'a shelter out in the Valley; but they don't have marijuana vendin' machines back in Talladega County, so he was stayin' put....
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 8 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

I'm sorry, could you repost the slanderous comments, because I do not see any.

Thanks,

Michael
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Quote - Mike [and I] were still together, six years t' the week after I walked away from the continuously-escalat'n violence that so often go with tryin' t' relate to an Alabamian man ('n that's AlaBAMian, like in Bam-Bam).... True love never dies, but it sure' doesn't conquer all.... May 19 at 7:37am ...After I left 'im 'n went t' New Zealand, it took 'im about a year 'n a half to well 'n truly wear out 'is welcome with m' family in SoCal, before they finally asked 'im t' go.... Last anybody heard, he was livin' in some kind'a shelter out in the Valley; but they don't have marijuana vendin' machines back in Talladega County, so he was stayin' put....

He identifies me by first name, state of origin and county of origin. No other such person exist in his life and these comments were made publicly to my friends and families. It has been a most troubling occurrence for me, thats's why I'm seeking answers.

Thank you.

First, you need to send a "cease and desist" letter by certified mail, demanding this person take the defamatory statement off facebook.

If he refuses, you will need to file suit against him for libel, which is written defamation. You would need to allege he made the statement, it is false, and it damaged your reputation. If you can prove that it was in fact you he was talking about, and it damaged your reputation in some way, you may be able to recover, otherwise he could be ordered to remove the writing from facebook.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael