Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

i was in a car accident 2 years ago and i was 16 years old…

Customer Question
i was in a car...
i was in a car accident 2 years ago and i was 16 years old the other party is trying to sue me now can they do that even though i was a minor when it happened?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
6/10/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: RJ, Professor replied 8 years ago
RJ
RJ, Professor
Unfortunately, they can still sue. Do not worry. Your auto insurance company will hire a lawyer to defend this lawsuit and will pay whatever the court awards the other party. Contact your insurance company immediately. Also, make sure they filed the lawsuit within two years from the date of the accident. Most states allow only two or three years from the date of the accident to file. If a person files late, the case is dismissed. Good luck and remember to press accept so that I may get credit.