Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I am a 55 year old grandmother of 10 who lives in Kansas. I…

Customer Question
I am a 55 year...
I am a 55 year old grandmother of 10 who lives in Russell Kansas. I have 2 grandchildren that live with me ages 7 years and 20 months. I care for 3 other grandchildren while the parents work. Thursday evening about 7 p.m. I walked with the children to the park which is actually just about in my backyard. After playing I took 3 of the children to their mother. Upon returning home with the other 2 children I find 9 policeo fficers in my backyard with guns drawn. The police were looking for a strung out meth head that had apparently eluded officers in the previous months and spotted him walking down the sidewalk. The boy took off running and entered my backyard through an opening of about 5 feet where there is no fence. The patrol car followed suspect through the park and into my backyard . I have 2 dogs that were on leash cables attached to the clothesline. The dogs leash became entangled with the patrol car and my beautiful Brendle Boxer was on the other end of the cable.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
5/29/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: RJ, Professor replied 8 years ago
RJ
RJ, Professor

You can sue the state for negligence. In Kansas, you have two years to file a lawsuit for this type of claim. Hire a local personal injury lawyer. Go on http://www.martindalae.com. Good

luck and remember to press accept so that I may get credit.