Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Can I sue my employer for pain and suffering. I was listed…

Can I sue my employer...
Can I sue my employer for pain and suffering. I was listed as the beneficary of my deceased boyfriend's retirement life insurance and was told by the party that handles the benefits for the company that he worked for 32 years. I am still employed at that same company. I was put through so much grief by these people. The only made my depression and aniexty worse that it was. I finally got the monies, but only after I contacted an attorney in the Pgh, PA area. The life insurance was paid out to someone else, but finally I got the proceeds. I was told by someone that is a manager in the benefits administation area of the company I work for that a mistake was made. I went through H**l. I am on FML and had to be recertified. I had never had any problems with my employer until they hooked up with the company they have doing our benefits. Can I sue them for what was done to me and so nobody else get this bad treatment. Thanks for your help
4/2/2010
RJ
RJ, Professor
You can sue the people who were in charge of your boyfriend's retirement life insurance benefits. Sue them for negligent infliction of emotional distress. You will have to prove that you needed medical treatment or mental health counseling as a result of their actions. You can recover three times your medical and mental health counseling bills. This will give you money for your medical bills and your pain and suffering. Hire a local personal injury lawyer. Go on www.martindale.com. Good luck and remember to press accept so that I may get credit.
RJ
RJ, Professor