Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I had a vascular by pass almost a year ago. I still have

Customer Question
Hello, I had a vascular...
Hello, I had a vascular by pass almost a year ago. I still have pain in my leg worse than before. I think the Doctor may have done something wrong. What should I do before my statute of limitations are up?????
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/30/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: JPEsq, Attorney replied 7 years ago
JPEsq, Attorney

In LA, you have to file a Medical Malpractice claim within 3 years of the date of the operation, but you only have 1 year from the date you discover the injury.

The very first thing you should do is get a second opinion. Talk to another doctor and find out what is wrong, and whether it is possible the other doctor messed up.

You can talk to a lawyer first... some will refer you to a specific doctor. But most med mal lawyers will not take your case until you get some confirmation of what the problem is. Speculation won't cut it, you need to know what is wrong.

So I would start by talking to a neurologist who can assess the situation.

JPEsq, Attorney
JPEsq, Attorney